Starting up a new business, returning to a family business or simply reviewing a current business structure can be an overwhelming process. In particular, the varying business structures available to you under the lens of agriculture can come across as complicated.
Future Farmers Network and their partner CQU Australia are pleased to be delivering a short webinar on 2 May for young agriculture professionals that provides a top-level overview of Agricultural Business Structures.
Whether you’re setting up your own agricultural business or walking into an existing one, this short 30 minute webinar will give you the skills you need to understand the most common top-level agricultural business structures.
The webinar will be led by CQU Australia lecturer, Desley Pidgeon – a qualified financial planner who has worked predominately in Agribusiness banking.
The session will provide the introduction to the most common business structures in Australia, briefly touching on the pros and cons of each with a focus on tax implications within the structures.
The session will conclude with questions that you will need to consider when deciding on the best structure for your current situation and/or what you might do in the future.
FFN and CQU invite you to submit questions through the registration process so that we can adapt the webinar appropriately.
Webinar: Breaking Down Agricultural Business Structures
Date: 2 May 2019 6pm AEDT
Registration: Click here to register for free & receive the link required to join the webinar.
• Common agricultural business structures
• Pros and cons of various structures
• Tax implications
Who should attend
• People considering setting up their own agricultural business – from machinery contracting and land leasing, to farm purchases and agistment
• People wanting to better understand the various agriculture business structures prior to a meeting with an accountant, business advisor, solicitor or business partner
• People with an existing business structure who are seeking a quick overview of the various options available
• People wanting a refresher on the possible business structures
Desley Pidgeon, Webinar Presenter | Bio
Desley raised on a dairy farm, continued her interest in agriculture studying at UNE. While working on a project realised that really mathematics was her thing. Retrained, restudied and has taught in three states over the last 25+ years. For a break retained and qualified as a financial planner, working predominately in the Agribusiness side of a bank. Currently has followed her passion for education and is now working at CQU.
With special thanks to FFN Partner RuralBiz Training for supplying the webinar platform.